MOCHA TN5250 for Android
- Tap the screen = put cursor at the position
- Tap 2 times = put cursor at position, and send a 5250 Enter command
- Move finger on the screen = scroll the screen
- 2 finger pinch on the screen = Zoom in/out
- Hold finger down on the screen for 1 second = Enter window mode. Move finger up/down to move the 5250 window
- Volume key up = page up
- Volume key down = page down
From the menu, click select, and the top menu change to Cancel,Copy and Copy all. Move the finger on the screen to select an area
to copy, and hereafter click Copy.
If using a hardware keyboard, shift + arrow can be used to select an area to copy. Ctrl+c is copy and ctrl+v is paste.
Red status line
- Cursor y,x : is the cursor position.
- X-WAIT : Waiting on AS/400.
- X-HELP : prehelp state. Press keys Reset or Help to continue. It is possible to disable X-HELP mode in menu - Settings - terminal - ignore x-help
- X-FER : Use Fieldexit to leave this field. It is possible to disable this function in menu - Settings - terminal - check for fieldexit.
- Ins: Insert mode.
- M if a message has been received (AS/400 mail system uses this option).
- ONLINE: Telnet session has not yet entered the 5250 mode.
1.2 Menu bar
- ABC: Will pop up the normal keyboard.
- F1-F12: function keys F1 - F12 .
- F13-F24: function keys F13 - F24 .
- Arrow keys: Arrow up, down left and right. Also extra keys such as page up/down.
- Keys: Other 5250 keys.
- Zoom: Zoom the screen out.
- Select: Enter clipboard select mode.
- Paste: Paste clipboard data at cursor position.
Disconnect: Close the connection.
Barcode scanner: Use the build in camera as a barcode scanner. Requires Zxing program to be installed.
Voice input: Use the OS build in voice to text function
There is not space on the title bar for all menu elements. The hidden elements can be selected either with a click on the 3 dots icon , or on some devices the "menu" button.
1.3 Wireless keyboard
- f1 - f12 = f1 - f12
- shift + f1 = f13
- shift + f2 = f14
- shift + f3 = f15
- shift + f4 = f16
- shift + f5 = f17
- shift + f6 = f18
- shift + f7 = f19
- shift + f8 = f20
- shift + f9 = f21
- shift + f10 = f22
- shift + f11 = f23
- shift + f12 = f24
- Insert = Insert
- Delete = Delete character at cursor position
- Shift + Delete = Delete all data in the current field
- Page up = Page up
- Shift + Page up = Record
- Page down = Page down
- Shift + Page down = Dup
- End = Move cursor to the end of a field
- Shift + End = Clear
- Home = Help
- Shift + Home = Move cursor to the start of a field
- Keypad + = Field+ (fieldexit)
- Keypad - = Field-
- Keypad Enter = 5250 Enter
- Shift + Keypad Enter = Newline
- Return = 5250 Enter
- Shift + Return = Newline
- Tab = Jump to the next field
- shift + Tab = Jump to the previous field
- SysRq = Print
- Shift + SysRq = SYSREQ
- Esc = Reset
- Shift + Esc = ATTN
- Ctrl + Esc = SYSREQ
- Left Ctrl = Reset
- Ctrl + Arrow up = Page up
- Ctrl + Arrow down = Page down
- Ctrl + Arrow right = Field+
1.4 menu - Configure
A list of already configured AS/400 sessions is shown. Select
+ in the titlebar to create a
- AS/400 IP Address: Name of the AS/400. Either a TCP/IP address as 126.96.36.199 or a DNS name.
Alias Name: Give the session configuration a name, as it is easier to remember
than the IP address. This is only useful if more than one host configuration
will be used.
- Port number:Port number for the session. As default TN5250 uses port 23 and with SSL port 992
- SSL: Enable SSL encryption. Certificates are not supported.
- 24x80 or 27x132: Type of screen. A TN5250 terminal always start in 24x80 and hereafter the AS/400 application can request another size
- Device name: Some AS/400 systems may require this name for a session.
User and Password: These are optional. Use these fields to define an user id and a password
for the Sign On screen on the AS/400.
Notice there is not much security involved doing it! It could be an idea to contact the system administrator to verify it is your company politic to have open access to the system without any password security.
- Send keep alive : If TN5250 should send extra keep alive atframes at Telnet protocol level.
- EBCDIC codepage : Must be the same as used on the AS/400
1.5 Menu - Settings - Network
- Show telnet negotiation: Use it if problems, to view the low level negotiation
- Keep WIFI online: Tell the OS to keep the network alive, when TN5250 is running
Stay connected: If TN5250 is send to the background, it
can either close an active session with
the AS/400 or keep it alive
1.6 Menu - Settings - Terminal
- Make space for Fxx keys: The key banner can be selected to be displayed above the 5250 window.
- Fxx keys in portrait mode: On a large screen, use the extra space between the QWERTY keyboard and 5250 window, to display all 5250 keys.
- Hotspots: Text Fxx can be clicked.
- Lock screen:: Selected, and the screen will not change orientation, when in a 5250 session.
- Use full height in portrait: Either the screen can zoom out to use the full height or width when in portrait. In landscape the height is always used
- Check for fieldexit: If the 5250 emulator should use or ignore the fieldexit required field type.
- Ignore X-HELP: If the 5250 terminal should be able to enter a pre-help state. Press RESET to continue, or HELP for details.
- Barcode enter: Send enter command after a barcode scan.
- Barcode next: Move cursor to the next field, after a barcode scan.
- Scroll speed:How much a scroll gesture move the screen
- Display field separator:A field can include a field separator display option. Will be shown as a dot
- Keep Display on:The power saver will not be activated, when a TN5250 session is active
- Confirm close session:A confirm dialog will pop up, if back key is pressed.
1.7 Menu - Settings - Colors
Text, background and Cursor colors can be changed with this dialog.
It is the AS/400 program, which defines the text colors to use in a screen.
The AS/400 can as an example, request a red text, and the color red can be configured in this dialog.
1.8 Menu - Settings - Lock configuration
Lock access to configure and settings with this option. If the key is lost, the program must be deleted and installed again.
This option gives no data protection, but is
included as to make it easier for a system administrator to support many devices in a company environment.
2.0 Import/Export a configuration
In menu - configure - top menu is an option "export configuration". It can build an URL, which
includes the full configuration for the first server in the list + all settings values.
This URL can later be used to import the data, either using a mail client or a web page.