Mocha RDP FAQ
- Difference between Lite and Paid version
- Any support for Windows 200x servers or Vista / Windows 7
- Is the product related to r-desktop for UNIX
- How to check if it is a Windows HOME edition
- How to configure Windows XP
- How to find the IP address on a Windows PC
- How to remove Mocha Remote Client from the iPhone
- How to use a dynamic IP address
- How to connect to your XP PC from the Internet
- What is my router IP Address
- How to change the listening port for Remote Desktop
- RDP v 3.8 crash when keyboard is activated
- RDP close within seconds after an upgrade
- Ctrl and ALT + A-Z keys does not work in v 3.0
- Desktop icons are shifted to different locations
- Cannot make a connection to the XP PC
- Host has closed the session
- Keys as / @ : ; does not work
- RDP reports iPhone is low on memory
- Black banner (keyboard - menu) disappear
- 2 keyboard scroll banners with extra keys
- More mouse functions: right button,drag, wheel and hover
- Text macro support
- Can handle 20 different Host configurations
As to license issues with Microsoft Terminal Servers are not supported. Microsoft has patent rights on the RDP protocol, and the patent license we have with Microsoft allows only workstation access.
On Windows 8.1, from the charms bar (use Win+C), select search "version", click on "See if you have a 32 or 64 bit version" and the CPU and OS type will be shown.
NO-IP The basic version of the service is free.
My XP PC has a fixed IP address on the local network (wifi) at 192.168.2.2
In the router firewall configuration I have configured, if it receives data on port 3389, forward it to 192.168.2.2.
When on the EDGE network with the iPhone, I will in mocha Remote Desktop as Windows PC IP write
- 22.214.171.124 , and as port 3389 (Not the IP address for the Mac!)
With canyouseeme.org it is possible to check if the router has been configured to allow port 3389 access. At field What port type 3389, and click [Check]. In the center of the page the result is shown (below some google ads)
If you open the router for port 3389 access, make sure to use a proper user/password in the XP PC Server, or your system will be at high risk.
- - Wrong IP address for the XP PC.
- - A firewall stopping access on port 3389.
- - The iPhone/iPod is not on the same network as the XP PC. If using wifi, check wifi is enabled on the iPhone and not only the EDGE network. Also it is the same wifi network as your PC , and not your neighbors network.
- - If the iPhone is not using wifi, but only the EDGE network, the IP address for the XP Server given in Mocha Remote Desktop must be your Home router IP address. The router must also be configured to forward port 3389 traffic to your PC. To open port 3389 could be a security risk. Check the router manual for advice.
- Type "cmd" (without quotes) and hit enter
- A black DOS box is shown with a prompt
- Type ipconfig and hit enter
- a) remove rdp from the iPad / iPhone
- b) reboot the iPad / iPhone
- c) download a new copy from App Store using the App Store icon on your iPad / iPhone . Do not download from a Mac/PC using itunes
- You may be able to restore the configuration file, but if you only have one workstation configuration, it is easier to retype the data.
To install a backup + configuration from iTunes on your Mac:
- - start itunes, select Devices in the left window frame.
- - Uncheck [ ] rdp under the Sync apps tab for your iPhone/iPad in iTunes.
- - Click Sync ,this will uninstall the rdp app on your iPhone/iPad.
- - Recheck [x] the rdp app.
- - Click Sync again to reinstall the app.
- - Now you have the old version on the iPad/iPhone, and can try a new download from App Store.
In mocha rdp, menu - configure - screen size, a list of common sizes is shown and you can at the blue icon define a new width/height. Select it for use with rdp. This will make the icons stay in position. But if your PC screen is very large, it will run slower, as to more data traffic
Notice this message is only a warning. If a background program releases the memory it has allocated, RDP can continue running without problems. If it does not release, everyone will soon go low on memory, and applications may crash.
Unconfirmed reports tell downloading with itunes, may give installation problems, and the out of memory issue. Remove rdp from the iPhone, and hereafter download direct with the App Store application on the iPhone.
- A firewall on the PC stopping port 3389 access
- Configured Windows OS for remote desktop with Network Level Authentication
Copyright (c) 1997-2015 MochaSoft Aps. All Rights Reserved.